I just got a shock: I went to a hot dog stand and ordered two hot dogs "all the way." Now, "all the way" means different things in different parts of the country, but specifically, the North and the South do it very differently. And in the South, "all the way" can apply to hot dogs or hamburgers.
I got my hot dogs, got back to the office...and the suckers not only have relish on them (I admittedly just don't like relish), but there's ketchup instead of chili. It was weird! And sweet. Which was even weirder.
Southern All The Way: mustard, onions, slaw, chiliWeekend To Be
The most awesome of awesome weekends starts at 5 today. pmgoose
is coming to town and she, bubblesbrnaid
and I are going to the Richard Petty Driving Experience tomorrow. I'm going to be riding in a stock car! Huzzah!
Then a movie, then lots of hanging out (and watching the Talladega race on Sunday), then eliz
and I are going to the Bruce Springsteen concert on Monday night.
Stock cars, fast speeds and Bruce Springsteen. It's going to be legen...wait for it...Supernatural
I want that theme song for my iPod.American Idol
There's a lot I could say about this week. I'll keep it to one thing per contestant.
1. Syesha - This was the one week she should not have been in the bottom two. She probably has her interview packet to blame for being on the bottom again.
2. Carly - Going out on a high note when you shouldn't have better land you a record deal. Carly was awesome. Despite the ho-hum response from the judges.
3. Brooke - I'm in full agreement with Paula. The only thing that saved Jason's butt was Brooke. And crack-addled American voters who can't let people go have a nervous breakdown out of the public eye. (Brooke was prone and sobbing during commercial breaks on the results show. She needs to go home already!)
4. David Cook - I'm not as enamored of it as everyone else (his lower register continues to bother me, plus his eyes seem to be a bit disconnected), but I think it was a very, very smart move. He really does have a beautiful singing voice.
5. David Archuleta - He forgot words and the judges never called him on it. If he wins and never receives criticism, I honestly may be done with Idol.
6. Jason Castro - Choosing "Memory"
...equal to or greater than the misstep Nikki McKibbin made when she sang "Ben"
? (I vote equal. Because song sung by a cat versus song about a rat...totally equal awesome here on bad song choices.)